Friday, August 20, 2010

Can you just leave us alone, my friend ?

Yes, can you just respect and accept us, and then leave us alone? Is that too much to ask from you? If you cannot respect or accept us, at least leave us alone in peace, okay?

All these years, I have respected and accepted you for who you are. Is it so difficult to do the same for me and my family?

Just because you think and felt that you have found your ideal faith does not mean we have to blindly follow your footsteps too.

You are you. We are we. We were all different.

What is good for you is not necessarily good for us too.

Have you heard the phase, “One man’s medicine is another’s poison”?

If I wanted to follow your faith, I would have done so a long long time ago. I don’t have to wait for you to ‘discover’ it and then lead me into it! Remember, growing up in a mission school, I was ‘exposed’ to such environment long before you even give this thing a thought.

A dialogue between a Brazilian theologian Dr Leonardo Boff and His Holiness the Dalai Lama on the best religion in the world yielded some of the wisest quotes from the respectable spiritual leader:

1. The best religion is one that gets you closest to God. It is the one that makes you the better person.

2. Whatever makes you more compassionate, more sensible, more detached, more loving, more humanitarian, more responsive and more ethical. The religion that will do that for you is the best religion.

3. Take care of your thoughts because they become words; words because they become actions; actions because they become habits; habits will form your character; character will form your destiny; and your destiny will become your life.

So you see my friend, I am perfectly happy with my choice and you need not do anything to change it. It is the same too for my family. You don’t need to change a thing for us because we were happy with the way things are going.

No comments:

Post a Comment